Friday 17 July 2015

A Voice in the Wilderness


Have you ever wondered why God decided to place you in this time in history? 

As I think back on all the different time periods, significant men and women come to my mind who made an impact during their lifetime. And I can't help but wonder, could I ever become a person that will be remembered as someone who impacted the 21st century?


My answer for that is yes. YES! because I believe that every Christian's goal should be to make an impact during the time that we are given on earth. 


I never like to read the news, it literally makes my stomach sick every time that I do. But last week I decided that it would be a good idea to educate myself a little bit on what's going on in the world. Well, I wasn't too surprised when I noticed that page after page was filled with bad news, and the more I read, the more it hurt to see the condition that this world is in....And as I read I thought: "If it hurts me to read this, how much more must it hurt you Lord?" I couldn't continue. I shut it off and angrily thought to myself "If I was God, I would've destroyed us already!!" but then an answer seemed to reach my heart saying "For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your ancestors, which he confirmed to them by oath." (Deuteronomy 4:31) 


That is when I began to reflect on the amazing love that God has for the human race. Just to think that He came to suffer and die knowing that we would one day turn away from Him and constantly reject Him, makes me infinitely grateful. Yet His heart is grieved, and ours should be too.


Just because He is a merciful God, and hasn't wiped us off the face of the earth, doesn't mean that He isn't a righteous Judge, and that one day we will wake up and realize that His judgement has come and that it's too late for us to listen to the warnings that He lovingly sent our way time after time.



"For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, 
so will be the coming of the Son of Man."
Matthew 24:37-39 

The answer to the question I had been asking myself, what can I do to make an impact on earth? seemed to come while I reflected on all of this.


There is definitely something you and I can do to impact the world during our lives. We can pray for the condition of the human race, we can pray for each other as we battle against the pressures of the world day by day, we can rise up and be voices in the wilderness crying "Make straight the way for the Lord"!

There are people all around us who need to hear about His love for us, who desperately need our prayers for their hearts to surrender to their Creator. Oh yes, we can make an impact in this world!


Weekly Reminder:

"When I say to a wicked person, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood."
Ezekiel 3:18
_____________________________________________________________


So that is something that has been on my heart for a while, and I wanted to share it with you.
As always, thank you for reading, and for your messages of encouragement to continue sharing a bit of my life on this blog.





Visiting the Remington Carriage Museum with friends.




Horse shoe tournament for Father's Day.


"Oh hello there!"

Canada Day fireworks!

Spending some time with friends in Montana!


I did very little editing to this picture I took the other night, the color of the moon was incredible!



Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. precioso mensaje....de mucha bendicion.....y lindas fotos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! the one of the moon, the sunset behind the long horn, very pretty!
    Thank you for sharing! It is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete